2004/10/19

English?

Well I have a date this Saturday with Wendy (HEEHAW!), she came in to see me last night and told me that I was free this Saturday and she'd pick me up at my place and bring me off somewhere.... I just have to be surprised (she won't tell me where she's bringing me) .... I keep thinking about her.

She showed up while I was talking to a customer and he was teaching me Montreal english. I always found it odd that people called the subway a "metro"... I just thought maybe they didn't know the proper english word... I guess that's what happens when someone sees a sign up all the time, they forget the right word and use what they see on a sign. The local smalltime stores that sell chips and pop and milk and stuff are called depp-anne-urrs (say each of these words slowly and then when you can say it properly start quickening it to one word). And you won't find a freeway in Montreal but an "auto-route"... yes a road for a car. Go figure that one out!?!

The boss told me I may not get my raise... some bureaucratic reason, I may start looking for another job soon. I should phone mom today and say hi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.