2004/10/04

Celebrity?

I worked last Saturday and met someone interesting, she was dressed in baggy clothes and we chitchatted while I was preparing magazine bundles to be sent back to the publishers. She asked me what my name was and I told her, then she got all excited and asked me if I had a sister who wrote in some feminist magazine that she was just about to buy.... I gulped and said yeah, that's prob'ly her.

Sunday happened and I was visited by a dozen ladies from Simone de Beauvoir Institute from one of the universities. It seems Susie has been putting up the family's experiences as examples in some of her articles. So here I am at work and these nice ladies, one had a deeper voice but lots of makeup while the others looked all different one from another but no makeup and they all tell me how they are happy to have met me and if there's anything they can do to help... they will.

People I don't know seem to know me but unlike my hometown, they seem to think I'm cool here in Montreal. Heehaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.